Sometimes it’s hard to find training and CLE that is geared toward pro bono volunteers. To remedy that, Pro Bono Texas is giving you access to free training and CLE focused on the issues that commonly arise in pro bono cases. Let us know what topics you want us to include.
Pro Bono CLE
Gain access to free CLE and training videos for pro bono volunteers here.
Pro Bono Texas and TexasBarCLE are working together to identify courses of interest to pro bono volunteers. Once the collection is available, you will be able to access it here. Coming Soon!
Ten Minute Mentor
Short videos on topics likely to arise in pro bono cases. Check them out here.
Breaking Poverty Barriers to Equal Justice
Understanding Poverty from an Insider Perspective
- Lack of Access to Legal Services (3:17 min)
- Misunderstanding of Poverty (12:17 min)
The Experiences of Those in Poverty in our Society and in our Justice System
- Daily Realities of Poverty Part 1 (8:40 min)
- Daily Realities of Poverty Part 2 (7:54 min)
- Types of Poverty Part 1 (7:21 min)
- Types of Poverty Part 2 (11:11 min)
- Poverty Crossing Race (6:19 min)
How Universal Access to Justice Depends on Legal Professionals Being Able to See and Suspend Judgments of “Other”
- Judging and How to Overcome It (7:24 min)
- The Difference between Hearing and Listening (7:41 min)
Improving Communication Across Poverty Barriers
- Building Trust (7:40 min)
- Different Styles of Communicating Part 1 (9:57 min)
- Different Styles of Communicating Part 2 (7:52 min)